Thursday, November 16, 2006

Triviality and Banality

So, I was bored and decided to flip through the New Paper (the epitome of gossip) when I saw this striking headline that totally grabbed my attention:


Wow! How interesting! Come to think of it, quite amusing too! How could a self-proclaimed Queen of Halloween be afraid of a little farm animal, whom we think nothing of chewing on its flesh at a hawker centre? True to the New Paper's penchant for blowing up the most trivial things to fowl(oops!) proportions, I realised the gist of it all:




Bah! I should have known better than to disregard the New Paper's tendency to make unimportant movie actresses look thread-bare interesting. But I decided to give the article a chance, and see if I can gleen anything mildly interesting from it. Alas, I was hopelessly optimistic. If this doesn't convince you, I don't know what will:




*Clap Clap Clap*! Now we are enlightened by the fact that REAL chickens are difficult to hold! I bet you guys are reeling from the shock of knowing that. You will love her for the insightful knowledge, yeah? :p


Or perhaps, might you have speculated that she could be some cutey? For the paedophilic guys, her name is Maki Horikita, and yes she is 18. I do hope for her sake that she realised how trivial and banal she portrayed herself to be. Then again, some guys might find it cute. And yes, before you thwarp me for not posting a nice picture of her, here it is:




Instead of concluding that I have wasted my time reading the New Paper, at least I can say I found a girl who's actually cute, yeah? Come on, admit it, she is. ;p
Triviality and Banality might seem to be at odds with me, but I have to admit it's entertaining, hehe.

No comments: